Sunday, March 8, 2015

Return to Teaching

Wow. Six years have passed since I left the career of teaching? How did that happen? I mean, I know how that happened. I just can't believe how quickly time flies, the older one becomes. Yikes!

Now, it is time to resume my career in teaching. MY time. I love writing, but I would be dishonest if I didn't admit that there has been a big hole in my life without a classroom. I'm just one of those weird people who loves to teach. I mean, in my perspective, one has to do something to earn an income and to be a productive member of society and I can't think of anything else I would rather do than teach. (what's with all the "one's"?) So proper! Ha! Back to my role as "Ms. Beck" I guess.

So, I spent last year taking six post-graduate level credits in order to renew my state certification. This fall, I launched into subbing in order to ease back into the world of education and what a wonderful journey it's been! The experience has fueled my desire to claim my role as teacher again. Shew! What a relief, really! I mean, subbing is not always the best gigs to get. But, I was lucky. I landed two dream jobs and feel inspired to pursue my goal.

Check back... it's been a wild roller-coaster ride and I will have many updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment